Two days ago, I purchased Butcher Shop Farm Fresh boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, the package reading "sell by February 13th." That is today's date.The package was spoiled today.

Our refrigerator is functioning, no warming trends. The trip from the market to our home is approximately 5 minutes. The chicken was placed into the refrigerator immediately. As a Public Health Microbiologist, it is my opinion that this product was unfit for consumption.

The odor was already very detectable prior to opening the package. I am wondering if others had experienced the same with this particular lot of chicken.

I did photograph the label if needed.So far, I like Sprouts, so am hoping this is an isolated incident.

Review about: Sprouts Farmers Market Chicken.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Oakland, California, United States #1309620

Not Isolated, Had the exact same thing happen to me, with chicken AND ground beef, I wont be getting meat from here again, same thing happened to the sliced turkey I got, All went bad within a day. have not had this issue with meat from anywhere else. not even the korean grocery, very dissapointing I love the store otherwise.

Wichita, Kansas, United States #1306664

I just had the exact same experience.On 3/21 I bought a package of thighs with an expiration date of 3/22.

There was a sweet smell I noticed when I was driving home. I put them in the fridge to eat the next day (yesterday). I opened the fridge yesterday and there was a strong odor.

I opened the packaging and almost gagged.There was a large discolored area on one thigh.

Grand Junction, Colorado, United States #1301838

I've noticed our local Sprouts has been in decline for several years now, not only in some products, but in the constant turn-over in employees who don't know dittle.

I've had a few problems I've taken in to have it resolved, but I'm tired of some of the things: most recently I wanted to buy some fresh Irish Soda bread, it was

all almost still frozen, so I questioned that I thought they baked it on site.

Dumb me, I went ahead and bought a loaf, the same day I tried to cut off a couple of slices and it crumbled at each

end.......I toasted them in a skillet with

butter, and they almost fell apart when I turned them over & removed them from skillet......what a dam mess with crumbs all over the place. City Market has become very competitive in product and price and easier to find things. I believe I've had it with Sprouts........