3.5
Layout of Store

On January 9th I bought two pounds of "on sale" grass-fed ground beef. The sell by date was 1/10/17.

The color of the meat was brown--not red--as is usually the case. Nevertheless, I trusted the labeling. Today, January 10th, I cooked a burger to medium well done. The flavor was definitely sour and unappetizing.

This is not the first time I've purchased rotten meat or almost-spoiled produce at Sprout's. A refund will not compensate me for my time and inconvenience or for ruined meals.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sprouts Farmers Market Meat.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 10, 2017.

Comments

I just open and ready to cook the same beef I got yesterday. I have the same problem. That’s why I google it and end up here

to Vickyharris8 #1461676

The price got me worry. I have never pay less than $8 /bl for grass beef.

I just had the same experience. Purchased 2 pounds of the grass fed ground beef on 2/15/18.

I felt ill after eating it. The next day, my husband ate some of it and he said it had an old/sour smell to it.

I don't know what they are doing to the meat, but I am never purchase meat from Sprouts ever again. You never know what they can do to ground beef.

La Verne, California, United States #1340422

Wow. The "red" on the meats you are used to seeing is basically food coloring that is added to change what meat really looks like. Get a clue.

to Anonymous #1353208

The color of beef is not created by food coloring. When freshly cut...beef is somewhat darker, as it us exposed to the air...it will begin to bloom as the oxygen will pull blood to the surface and turn it a nice red color.

Sometimes you may have darker reds which is concurrent with aged beef. Maybe peeps should talk to their butchers rather than assume the worst?

Santa Clarita, California, United States #1331955

EVERY time I buy grass fed ground beef from Sprouts it is brown within 24 hours. I tell myself to try again, and I always regret it.

I just took out the beef I purchased yesterday and it is all brown.

Never again. I am done with this!

You seriously don't understand how "grass-fed," meat works then. They have a short shelf life. It's your fault for buying it.

Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States #1299622

We bought some Saturday march 4, 2017. It smelled like weak faint balsamic vinegar?!

We threw away what we cooked.

I am going to get my money back too. What do you think happened?

The quality of service at Sprouts has been steadily declining and I have also have problems obtaining quality meat at Sprouts. They often have no meat out at all, and then when they do, the date/quality of the meat is not acceptable.

I assume because I had previously left the store without purchasing anything (again, because the main thing I had wanted---ground beef--was not available) , the last time I was in Sprouts, an "undercover" LP found it necessary to emerge from the back room and follow me around the store. This experience certainly does not raise my opinion of Sprouts.

West Roxbury, Massachusetts, United States #1269176

jesus why would you eat it ? the label could say anything and you'd probably eat it. I almost puked when I saw the color of the meat just f rom the photo.